Skip to main content

Day 2- Another Hard Day

Well, day 2 is almost over. I’ve got to admit I’ve been a little weak today. I’m feeling a little better now that I had a pretty filling dinner. The soup I made tonight was soo good. Keep reading to see what I made.

I started out this morning with a cup of hot Sugar Cookie Slay Ride Herbal caffeine free tea. It smells soo good!

IMAG0592

Breakfast was the Carrot Mango, and Herb smoothie. You can find the recipe here. I used mint and it turned out to be surprisingly good!

IMAG0593

I used my emersion blender this morning and it blended it very well.

IMAG0594

The smoothie kept me full for a few hours but once the hunger hit me I started getting my headache back and wasn’t feeling too great. Lunch was a big ole salad. IMAG0595

I went to Conway to visit my sister today so as soon as I got back I went for the the trail mix and a small glass of Pom juice. The trail mix has assorted nuts and dried fruit.

IMAG0596

By the time 5:00 came a long I was starving. I wanted to make something a little more filling and Kyle was missing meat. So I went for a creamy mushroom soup. I don’t have the exact recipe since I just threw it together on the spot but I will be sure to measure out the ingredients next time to share with you. It was well worth making again and again. I do have to confess I cheated a little. I added some wild rice that I got at the locally grown market. I’m technically not suppose to have grains just yet but after how I felt today I needed a little something more.

IMAG0600

I started out chopping up onions and two types of mushrooms, portabella and shitake. I also minced 3 garlic cloves.

IMAG0597

I sautéed the veggies in olive oil.

IMAG0598

I added vegetable broth and a few splashes of Almond milk. I seasoned it with salt, pepper, thyme, and Italian seasoning mix.

IMAG0599

I then spooned out a few of the mushrooms and set them aside. I took my emersion blender and blended away. I poured the cooked rice in and boiled for about 10 min. I then poured the mushrooms back in to garnish.

IMAG0601

I think it was a hit. Kyle had seconds.

I will probably end up in the melon bowl that’s in the frig for dessert.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 1–Have a Headache Already

Happy New Year to everyone! Day 1 of the detox started today. It’s been pretty tough,I’m not gonna lie. I went to Whole Foods and Walmart yesterday to get all the fruits and vegetables I needed for the week. I’ve had a headache all day due to the lack of caffeine. I really don’t drink but maybe a cup and a half of coffee and a glass of tea a day. But I sure did miss it today. This morning I got up to help in the nursery at church. I made the Antioxidant smoothie. You can find the recipe here . It was really good, a little tart but not bad. When I got to the church I got a cup of unsweetened green tea (no caffeine) so I could convince myself it was a cup of coffee. The tea and smoothie held me over till about 11:30. I made a nice little salad for lunch with water with of couple apples thrown in. My salad had spinach, avocado, cucumbers, carrots, cherry tomatoes, and pumpkin seeds dressed with balsamic vinaigrette I did get pretty hungry this afternoon so I made the roasted chi

Vanilla Bean Almond Butter

I don’t know about you but I LOVE nut butters. I have never made my own because I didn’t realize out easy it was. I’m telling ya, everyone can make nut butter as long as you have a decent food processor and there's not turning back. I’ve had some left over vanilla beans from the vanilla I made a while back and wanted to use them, so I decided to use them in the almond butter. I made this about a week ago and it’s already half gone! It’s like a yummy creamy dessert. Once you try fresh pure nut butters you will never go back to store bought. Only 3 ingredients and no added oils! So here it goes: Start out by toasting your almonds until they start to smell yummy. Pour your almonds in the food processer and start to process. You will need to process for 8 to 10 minutes and stop several times to scrape down the sides, so be patient. Stage 1 Stage 2- Powder Stage 3-The natural oil starts to come out and its starts to ball up. Stage 4-Almost there, just a f

Year 2 of Detox

Well it’s that time of year again. Last year I decided to do a month long detox starting January 1st. I felt great afterwards and after how I’ve been eating recently I’ve decided to make it a tradition to do it every year. I feel it just puts me on the right track to start out the year. I know when some of you hear the word “detox” you think water and pepper for 5 days straight (or something crazy like that). This is nothing like that. I actually follow a plan that I think is very healthy. Every year Whole Living puts out a new plan. It has changed a little since last year. I think it’s a little easier to follow this year. They provide all the recipes and instructions you need to follow the plan. Check out week 1 of the plan here . Week 1 I will be eating fruits, vegetables, and plant-based fats, including nuts, seeds, and oils. Week 2 I will be adding back in seafood, beans and lentils, and organic soy. And week 3 I will be adding back in gluten-free grains and eggs. I will be chang