Skip to main content

Day 14- Saturday With My Baby

It’s been a fun Saturday. Kyle and I started out the day with no plans at all and ended up with a full day of fun.

I started out the morning with a smoothie, figure that. Since I can have oats I made a peaches and cream smoothie. I put peaches, banana, oats, and almond milk. It tasted just like peaches and cream oatmeal.

IMAG0697

Kyle and I started the morning out by stopping by a friends yard sale to say HI! Then we went shopping a little and ended up downtown. We decided to go to Dempsey Bakery for lunch since they are an all gluten free bakery!

Kyle and I both got the grilled portabella sandwich with no cheese. It had grilled peppers, tomatoes, and lettuce on their homemade bread.

IMAG0699

We had to ask for an alternative side since they were serving chips that we couldn’t eat. Good thing they had an alternative. Beanitos! I had never had them but they were pretty darn good. They were made with no potatoes and all black beans.

IMAG0700

We enjoyed every bite. The only hard part was seeing all the yummy desserts including cake pops. I will defiantly be back for cake pops!

IMAG0702 

I look like a little girl with my juice box and boxed lunch.

After lunch we decided to go to the Museum of Discovery since it was the grand opening! There was so much to see and really enjoyed it.

Me making a rainbow bubble.

IMAG0178

Kyle pulling himself up on the pulley chair.

IMAG0703

He made it to the top!

IMAG0704

After the museum we worked up an appetite for a little snack so we got a smoothie from Tropical Smoothie. We ordered it without any added sugar. We were highly disappointed and thought the smoothies we’ve made at home are much better.

IMAG0705 

Tonight is UFC and leftovers.

IMAG0706

We had our leftovers from PF Chang’s. I was surprised how much I had leftover. I have a full belly and am now watching some UFC in my PJ’s.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 1–Have a Headache Already

Happy New Year to everyone! Day 1 of the detox started today. It’s been pretty tough,I’m not gonna lie. I went to Whole Foods and Walmart yesterday to get all the fruits and vegetables I needed for the week. I’ve had a headache all day due to the lack of caffeine. I really don’t drink but maybe a cup and a half of coffee and a glass of tea a day. But I sure did miss it today. This morning I got up to help in the nursery at church. I made the Antioxidant smoothie. You can find the recipe here . It was really good, a little tart but not bad. When I got to the church I got a cup of unsweetened green tea (no caffeine) so I could convince myself it was a cup of coffee. The tea and smoothie held me over till about 11:30. I made a nice little salad for lunch with water with of couple apples thrown in. My salad had spinach, avocado, cucumbers, carrots, cherry tomatoes, and pumpkin seeds dressed with balsamic vinaigrette I did get pretty hungry this afternoon so I made the roasted chi

Vanilla Bean Almond Butter

I don’t know about you but I LOVE nut butters. I have never made my own because I didn’t realize out easy it was. I’m telling ya, everyone can make nut butter as long as you have a decent food processor and there's not turning back. I’ve had some left over vanilla beans from the vanilla I made a while back and wanted to use them, so I decided to use them in the almond butter. I made this about a week ago and it’s already half gone! It’s like a yummy creamy dessert. Once you try fresh pure nut butters you will never go back to store bought. Only 3 ingredients and no added oils! So here it goes: Start out by toasting your almonds until they start to smell yummy. Pour your almonds in the food processer and start to process. You will need to process for 8 to 10 minutes and stop several times to scrape down the sides, so be patient. Stage 1 Stage 2- Powder Stage 3-The natural oil starts to come out and its starts to ball up. Stage 4-Almost there, just a f

Italian Sausage and Tortellini Soup

Today was a great day! I didn’t have to work and I got to spend it with Kyle!! He is leaving tonight to go to Colorado to ski with the boys. I’m excited that he is getting to finally go skiing. He hasn’t been in a few years and has been itching to go. I relaxed, cooked, ate, and got my oil changed. Good day! I made some treats for Kyle on his road trip but I’m not going to share it with you till tomorrow, so stay tuned. This morning was a pancake morning! I’ve been wanting to make some pancakes with whole grain oats so I thought I would experiment a little. I started with Bob’s Mill whole grain pancake mix. I added egg+ vanilla coconut milk+ oats+ chia seeds. Topped with Almond butter and frozen strawberries nooked in the microwave!  I love to add chia seeds to my oatmeal and anything I can add them to. I buy them in the bulk section at Whole Foods. Chia seeds provide fiber, protein, and antioxidants. It’s just a little added benefit! Lunch was spent at Genghis Grill. We wer