Skip to main content

Day 13- Night Out On the Town

I love Fridays! I woke up this morning excited that it was Friday and the weekend was about here. I also knew I was going to spend the evening with some good friends at PF Chang’s.

I was due to go to the grocery store so breakfast and lunch were thrown together on a whelm. I repeated the smoothie I had yesterday since I had another orange left. I put 1 orange and 1 cup of frozen mangos with a splash of water and a splash of almond milk.. Again, I LOVED all the pulp

IMAG0685

IMAG0686

Lunch was tuna on celery with a side of bananas and strawberries. It ended up being a pretty good thrown together lunch!

IMAG0687

IMAG0688

I was so looking forward to dinner tonight. I had already decided that I was going to get brown fried rice with shrimp. I’m a day early on the rice but I convinced myself that a day early wasn’t too bad. I planned on eating half and taking the rest home for dinner tomorrow night.

Kyle and I decided to split the vegetarian lettuce wraps. They are made with tofu.

IMAG0689

IMAG0690

They were good but the chicken wraps are better.

Then came my shrimp rice!! Oh man I couldn’t wait!

IMAG0691

I was REALLY good and only ate half. I took a bite and set my fork down in-between bites. I really did get full  and satisfied. Kyle and I are going to go ahead and start week 3 officially tomorrow. We can add back in whole gluten free grains, and eggs. It should be an easy last week.

Here are a few pictures from tonight.

IMAG0693

IMAG0694

IMAG0695

IMAG0696

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 1–Have a Headache Already

Happy New Year to everyone! Day 1 of the detox started today. It’s been pretty tough,I’m not gonna lie. I went to Whole Foods and Walmart yesterday to get all the fruits and vegetables I needed for the week. I’ve had a headache all day due to the lack of caffeine. I really don’t drink but maybe a cup and a half of coffee and a glass of tea a day. But I sure did miss it today. This morning I got up to help in the nursery at church. I made the Antioxidant smoothie. You can find the recipe here . It was really good, a little tart but not bad. When I got to the church I got a cup of unsweetened green tea (no caffeine) so I could convince myself it was a cup of coffee. The tea and smoothie held me over till about 11:30. I made a nice little salad for lunch with water with of couple apples thrown in. My salad had spinach, avocado, cucumbers, carrots, cherry tomatoes, and pumpkin seeds dressed with balsamic vinaigrette I did get pretty hungry this afternoon so I made the roasted chi...

Vanilla Bean Almond Butter

I don’t know about you but I LOVE nut butters. I have never made my own because I didn’t realize out easy it was. I’m telling ya, everyone can make nut butter as long as you have a decent food processor and there's not turning back. I’ve had some left over vanilla beans from the vanilla I made a while back and wanted to use them, so I decided to use them in the almond butter. I made this about a week ago and it’s already half gone! It’s like a yummy creamy dessert. Once you try fresh pure nut butters you will never go back to store bought. Only 3 ingredients and no added oils! So here it goes: Start out by toasting your almonds until they start to smell yummy. Pour your almonds in the food processer and start to process. You will need to process for 8 to 10 minutes and stop several times to scrape down the sides, so be patient. Stage 1 Stage 2- Powder Stage 3-The natural oil starts to come out and its starts to ball up. Stage 4-Almost there, just a f...

Mexican 2 Days in a Row!

Happy MLK Day! This morning started out like a normal morning with a cup of coffee and a bowl of Kashi cereal. I really like the cinnamon flavor but it gets a little soggy if you don’t eat it quick. I’m not a very quick eater either.   I enjoyed some mixed fruit with cherries, cantaloupe, and grapes with my breakfast as well. I was planning on eating lunch at work today but I remembered about midmorning that I left it at home. ;( So today at noon I headed back home for a quick lunch. I have a ton of leftovers from the pulled pork and Mexican night this weekend. I ate 2 pulled pork tacos on corn tortillas topped off with black beans and sour cream. Still good two days later! Notice the ice tea. I"m slowly adding my tea back in. Its slightly sweetened with evaporated cane juice crystals. Served on fine china (paper plates) I had more cherries for a mid afternoon snack. Dinner consisted of quesadillas with the leftover Mexican chicken. I chopped up a tenderloin and grilled it on...