Skip to main content

Sweet Potato Chips

There are so many good shows on tonight I can’t even stand it! I’m looking forward to The Office and Parks and Recreation!

I LOVE reading other food blogs. I love to get new recipes and see how creative they can be. I could spend all day looking at food. I know, crazy!

Today I spent the morning working in the office and the afternoon working at home. It snowed for the most part of the day but there is no snow on the ground right now. ;(

For breakfast this morning I had a bowl of Mom’s Best oats topped with frozen mixed fruit that was nuked in the microwave.

IMAG0339IMAG0340

Lunch was prepared at the house so I had a can of this..

IMAG0341

Dressed up with Dill pickle relish + olive oil mayo + hard boiled egg + a few squeezes of lime + salt and peppa.

IMAG0343IMAG0342

This was a freakin  good lunch!!

You know how you are supposed to stick with a variety of color when you eat? Well I didn't do so well with that goal on this meal.

IMAG0349

Even though dinner was pretty orange it was very flavorful! This is a cup of tomato soup from the soup bar at Kroger and sweet potato chips.

Sweet Potato chips

IMAG0344

Chop up a sweet potato into thin slices. The thinner the crunchier.

IMAG0345

Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.

IMAG0346

Place in 375 degree oven and cook for about 15 to 20 min or until cooked all the way through. Stir halfway through cooking and drizzle with more olive oil if needed. Once just about done cooking drizzle with honey, stir, and cook for a few more minutes.

IMAG0350

I love the crunchy ones!

Since it’s cold outside and we had snow today I made a cup of hot cocoa. It was made with vanilla coconut milk + teaspoon of cocoa + small squrt of agave

IMAG0351

The vanilla flavor add so much to this cup! Mmmmmmm

IMAG0353

Well, it’s kind of hard to type and enjoy my cup of cocoa so I’m going to wrap it up and go watch the office.

Comments

  1. The office and Parks and rec were awesome tonight. I hope you caught them.

    Lunch was enjoyed at home because of the snow afternoon! I will miss you tomorrow. No one to yell over my cubicle to!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 1–Have a Headache Already

Happy New Year to everyone! Day 1 of the detox started today. It’s been pretty tough,I’m not gonna lie. I went to Whole Foods and Walmart yesterday to get all the fruits and vegetables I needed for the week. I’ve had a headache all day due to the lack of caffeine. I really don’t drink but maybe a cup and a half of coffee and a glass of tea a day. But I sure did miss it today. This morning I got up to help in the nursery at church. I made the Antioxidant smoothie. You can find the recipe here . It was really good, a little tart but not bad. When I got to the church I got a cup of unsweetened green tea (no caffeine) so I could convince myself it was a cup of coffee. The tea and smoothie held me over till about 11:30. I made a nice little salad for lunch with water with of couple apples thrown in. My salad had spinach, avocado, cucumbers, carrots, cherry tomatoes, and pumpkin seeds dressed with balsamic vinaigrette I did get pretty hungry this afternoon so I made the roasted chi...

Vanilla Bean Almond Butter

I don’t know about you but I LOVE nut butters. I have never made my own because I didn’t realize out easy it was. I’m telling ya, everyone can make nut butter as long as you have a decent food processor and there's not turning back. I’ve had some left over vanilla beans from the vanilla I made a while back and wanted to use them, so I decided to use them in the almond butter. I made this about a week ago and it’s already half gone! It’s like a yummy creamy dessert. Once you try fresh pure nut butters you will never go back to store bought. Only 3 ingredients and no added oils! So here it goes: Start out by toasting your almonds until they start to smell yummy. Pour your almonds in the food processer and start to process. You will need to process for 8 to 10 minutes and stop several times to scrape down the sides, so be patient. Stage 1 Stage 2- Powder Stage 3-The natural oil starts to come out and its starts to ball up. Stage 4-Almost there, just a f...

Mexican 2 Days in a Row!

Happy MLK Day! This morning started out like a normal morning with a cup of coffee and a bowl of Kashi cereal. I really like the cinnamon flavor but it gets a little soggy if you don’t eat it quick. I’m not a very quick eater either.   I enjoyed some mixed fruit with cherries, cantaloupe, and grapes with my breakfast as well. I was planning on eating lunch at work today but I remembered about midmorning that I left it at home. ;( So today at noon I headed back home for a quick lunch. I have a ton of leftovers from the pulled pork and Mexican night this weekend. I ate 2 pulled pork tacos on corn tortillas topped off with black beans and sour cream. Still good two days later! Notice the ice tea. I"m slowly adding my tea back in. Its slightly sweetened with evaporated cane juice crystals. Served on fine china (paper plates) I had more cherries for a mid afternoon snack. Dinner consisted of quesadillas with the leftover Mexican chicken. I chopped up a tenderloin and grilled it on...