Skip to main content

Green In Green Out

Hello again! Today is my Friday and I'm looking forward to a day off tomorrow. Also I looking looking forward to tomorrow for another reason, I CAN EAT SOLID FOOD. Today is the last day of smoothies for breakfast and dinner. My stomach sure is ready for solid foods. For the remainder of the month I will slowly add in dairy, processed foods, added sugar, gluten, and caffeine.

Today started out with a pretty good smoothie. I didn't know what I was going to make till this morning. I knew I had a few different fruits but just didn't know what I wanted. I decided to risk it and throw a few things together. 


I pealed an orange, threw in a frozen banana, added some almond milk, and a splash of vanilla. It ended up being more like a fruit juice with pulp. I love pulp! This was the perfect combination for me. I did add a few ice cubes towards the end to make it a little more smoothie-like.


Today was another busy day at work so I only had time for a quick snack. I grabbed some roasted almonds and walnuts to tide me over until lunch.


Lunch was at noon and consisted of leftovers. I used to be really bad about not eating leftovers but I'm trying really hard to not waste any food.

I had leftover cold Quinoa salad with a drizzle of lime with a mixed salad. It did a pretty good job of holding me over the rest of the afternoon until.....

I got hungry on the way home. Traffic was pretty bad and took me 40min to get home when it usually takes my about 15min. I grabbed an apple to tide me over. 

After work I headed to a dinner date with two lovely girls. We decided to go to tropical smoothie since two of us are on this 4 day detox.

I had the green tea citrus smoothie. It was pretty satisfying. I"m full right now but I'm looking forward to tomorrow morning when I can actually chew by breakfast. 


Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 1–Have a Headache Already

Happy New Year to everyone! Day 1 of the detox started today. It’s been pretty tough,I’m not gonna lie. I went to Whole Foods and Walmart yesterday to get all the fruits and vegetables I needed for the week. I’ve had a headache all day due to the lack of caffeine. I really don’t drink but maybe a cup and a half of coffee and a glass of tea a day. But I sure did miss it today. This morning I got up to help in the nursery at church. I made the Antioxidant smoothie. You can find the recipe here . It was really good, a little tart but not bad. When I got to the church I got a cup of unsweetened green tea (no caffeine) so I could convince myself it was a cup of coffee. The tea and smoothie held me over till about 11:30. I made a nice little salad for lunch with water with of couple apples thrown in. My salad had spinach, avocado, cucumbers, carrots, cherry tomatoes, and pumpkin seeds dressed with balsamic vinaigrette I did get pretty hungry this afternoon so I made the roasted chi...

Vanilla Bean Almond Butter

I don’t know about you but I LOVE nut butters. I have never made my own because I didn’t realize out easy it was. I’m telling ya, everyone can make nut butter as long as you have a decent food processor and there's not turning back. I’ve had some left over vanilla beans from the vanilla I made a while back and wanted to use them, so I decided to use them in the almond butter. I made this about a week ago and it’s already half gone! It’s like a yummy creamy dessert. Once you try fresh pure nut butters you will never go back to store bought. Only 3 ingredients and no added oils! So here it goes: Start out by toasting your almonds until they start to smell yummy. Pour your almonds in the food processer and start to process. You will need to process for 8 to 10 minutes and stop several times to scrape down the sides, so be patient. Stage 1 Stage 2- Powder Stage 3-The natural oil starts to come out and its starts to ball up. Stage 4-Almost there, just a f...

Mexican 2 Days in a Row!

Happy MLK Day! This morning started out like a normal morning with a cup of coffee and a bowl of Kashi cereal. I really like the cinnamon flavor but it gets a little soggy if you don’t eat it quick. I’m not a very quick eater either.   I enjoyed some mixed fruit with cherries, cantaloupe, and grapes with my breakfast as well. I was planning on eating lunch at work today but I remembered about midmorning that I left it at home. ;( So today at noon I headed back home for a quick lunch. I have a ton of leftovers from the pulled pork and Mexican night this weekend. I ate 2 pulled pork tacos on corn tortillas topped off with black beans and sour cream. Still good two days later! Notice the ice tea. I"m slowly adding my tea back in. Its slightly sweetened with evaporated cane juice crystals. Served on fine china (paper plates) I had more cherries for a mid afternoon snack. Dinner consisted of quesadillas with the leftover Mexican chicken. I chopped up a tenderloin and grilled it on...