Skip to main content

Road Trip Goodies

Happy weekend everybody! I hope it’s been a good one so far.

I’ve had a great Saturday with good friends. Remember how I said I was going to share with you what I made for Kyle and the boys on his road trip? Well here it is:

IMAG0367

Healthified Chocolate Chip Cookies

3/4 Cup Sugar or 2 tbs or agave syrup

3/4 Cup packed brown sugar

1/2 Cup butter, softened

1/2 Cup canola oil

1 Tsp vanilla

1 Egg

2 Cups whole wheat flour

1 Tsp baking soda

1/4 Tsp salt

3/4 Cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips

1. Heat oven 375 degrees. In large bowl , beat sugars, butter, oil, vanilla, and egg with electric mixer on low. Beat in flour, baking soda and salt until well blended , stir in chocolate.

IMAG0363IMAG0364IMAG0365

2. On greased cookie sheet , drop dough by rounded tablespoon about 2 inches apart.

IMAG0366

3. Bake 7 to 9 min or until very light golden brown.

IMAG0368

I saved a few for me and sent the rest with Kyle. He said they were a big hit!

This morning I decided to just have a smoothie because I had plans to go out to eat for lunch and dinner with friends.

I had a strawberry electrolyte smoothie!

IMAG0376IMAG0375

Frozen strawberries + Coconut water + Coconut vanilla milk + almond butter + Kale

IMAG0378

 

Lunch was spent with my friend Lacey!

IMAG0384

We went to Somethings Brewing in Conway. This brought back so many memories from college. The meal was so good but ended having just a little too much sugar. They brought out my meal but never brought out Lacey’s meal. We waited and waited and she finally decided to remind them. They apologized and said it was coming out. They ended up giving her meal to her for free and brought out a huge piece of orange yummy goodness cake ( I made this name up. I don’t know what it was called )! Oh my, this was so good! I had just a few bites but it was so rich.

IMAG0382

I had a chicken salad sandwich on whole wheat bread with a side of chili. The chili ended up be huge!

IMAG0380IMAG0379

I also ordered a strawberry mocha! It was soooo good but soooo sweet.

IMAG0385

Tonight I had dinner with another friend. We went to The House! I always loving going to this place. I ordered something different. I got the Spinach and Chevre Salad.  It had baby spinach, sliced strawberries, marinated onions, almond crusted chevre, croutons, and fresh raspberry-red wine vinaigrette. Yum! It was a great light dinner since I had such a large lunch.

IMG957171

Comments

  1. Lunch was very good! So good I had to buy some bacon today at the store cause Cameron brought home good bread from Harrison. I already had a BLT for lunch.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 1–Have a Headache Already

Happy New Year to everyone! Day 1 of the detox started today. It’s been pretty tough,I’m not gonna lie. I went to Whole Foods and Walmart yesterday to get all the fruits and vegetables I needed for the week. I’ve had a headache all day due to the lack of caffeine. I really don’t drink but maybe a cup and a half of coffee and a glass of tea a day. But I sure did miss it today. This morning I got up to help in the nursery at church. I made the Antioxidant smoothie. You can find the recipe here . It was really good, a little tart but not bad. When I got to the church I got a cup of unsweetened green tea (no caffeine) so I could convince myself it was a cup of coffee. The tea and smoothie held me over till about 11:30. I made a nice little salad for lunch with water with of couple apples thrown in. My salad had spinach, avocado, cucumbers, carrots, cherry tomatoes, and pumpkin seeds dressed with balsamic vinaigrette I did get pretty hungry this afternoon so I made the roasted chi

Vanilla Bean Almond Butter

I don’t know about you but I LOVE nut butters. I have never made my own because I didn’t realize out easy it was. I’m telling ya, everyone can make nut butter as long as you have a decent food processor and there's not turning back. I’ve had some left over vanilla beans from the vanilla I made a while back and wanted to use them, so I decided to use them in the almond butter. I made this about a week ago and it’s already half gone! It’s like a yummy creamy dessert. Once you try fresh pure nut butters you will never go back to store bought. Only 3 ingredients and no added oils! So here it goes: Start out by toasting your almonds until they start to smell yummy. Pour your almonds in the food processer and start to process. You will need to process for 8 to 10 minutes and stop several times to scrape down the sides, so be patient. Stage 1 Stage 2- Powder Stage 3-The natural oil starts to come out and its starts to ball up. Stage 4-Almost there, just a f

Year 2 of Detox

Well it’s that time of year again. Last year I decided to do a month long detox starting January 1st. I felt great afterwards and after how I’ve been eating recently I’ve decided to make it a tradition to do it every year. I feel it just puts me on the right track to start out the year. I know when some of you hear the word “detox” you think water and pepper for 5 days straight (or something crazy like that). This is nothing like that. I actually follow a plan that I think is very healthy. Every year Whole Living puts out a new plan. It has changed a little since last year. I think it’s a little easier to follow this year. They provide all the recipes and instructions you need to follow the plan. Check out week 1 of the plan here . Week 1 I will be eating fruits, vegetables, and plant-based fats, including nuts, seeds, and oils. Week 2 I will be adding back in seafood, beans and lentils, and organic soy. And week 3 I will be adding back in gluten-free grains and eggs. I will be chang