Skip to main content

Mexican 2 Days in a Row!

Happy MLK Day!

This morning started out like a normal morning with a cup of coffee and a bowl of Kashi cereal. I really like the cinnamon flavor but it gets a little soggy if you don’t eat it quick. I’m not a very quick eater either.
 I enjoyed some mixed fruit with cherries, cantaloupe, and grapes with my breakfast as well.

I was planning on eating lunch at work today but I remembered about midmorning that I left it at home. ;( So today at noon I headed back home for a quick lunch. I have a ton of leftovers from the pulled pork and Mexican night this weekend.
I ate 2 pulled pork tacos on corn tortillas topped off with black beans and sour cream. Still good two days later!
Notice the ice tea. I"m slowly adding my tea back in. Its slightly sweetened with evaporated cane juice crystals.

Served on fine china (paper plates)

I had more cherries for a mid afternoon snack.

Dinner consisted of quesadillas with the leftover Mexican chicken. I chopped up a tenderloin and grilled it on the stove with the corn tortillas, cheese, and shredded lettuce.



Once they were nice and grilled I topped it with some homemade salsa and sour cream with a side of tortilla chips and salsa.
I told you I could eat Mexican every night of the week! ;)
I was craving something sweet after dinner. I have a confession to make; I love break and bake chocolate chip cookies. I really wanted some tonight. I settled for a POMtini (POM juice and sparkling water) It took the craving right away.

P.S. I have to give props to Kyle’s dad, David. He ordered the Hummus platter for us Sunday afternoon and has really been doing great on his healthy eating! He’s lost over 25lbs! Keep up the great work, David!

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

Comments

  1. Great tip for curbing after dinner sweet attacks! Another yummy day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mona,
    I will have to try something else in place of the chocolate I absolutely have to have after dinner. We went to a Whole Food Store the other day to buy snacks to send to our son in law who is deployed. I think we may be on to something there. Kind of expensive but really, a great store! So maybe I can find something there to take away the sweet cravings? I love the pictures you put with the description of the meals - sure makes it look tasty.
    You really ARE making it fun and healthy!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. just found your blog! we're also trying to eat much healthier, and oatmeal or kashi for breakfast (or dinner or lunch!) has been a great help! it's just so hard sometimes! and let's not talk about all the lean cuisines i just bought on sale...let's only talk about the fresh veggies i bought ;)

    ~marla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue,
    I love Whole Foods! It is pricey but you can't go wrong there. I love their salad bar!!

    Marla,
    Thanks for reading! I'm just getting started so I don't have many followers. ;) That's great that you guys have been eating healthier!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 1–Have a Headache Already

Happy New Year to everyone! Day 1 of the detox started today. It’s been pretty tough,I’m not gonna lie. I went to Whole Foods and Walmart yesterday to get all the fruits and vegetables I needed for the week. I’ve had a headache all day due to the lack of caffeine. I really don’t drink but maybe a cup and a half of coffee and a glass of tea a day. But I sure did miss it today. This morning I got up to help in the nursery at church. I made the Antioxidant smoothie. You can find the recipe here . It was really good, a little tart but not bad. When I got to the church I got a cup of unsweetened green tea (no caffeine) so I could convince myself it was a cup of coffee. The tea and smoothie held me over till about 11:30. I made a nice little salad for lunch with water with of couple apples thrown in. My salad had spinach, avocado, cucumbers, carrots, cherry tomatoes, and pumpkin seeds dressed with balsamic vinaigrette I did get pretty hungry this afternoon so I made the roasted chi

Vanilla Bean Almond Butter

I don’t know about you but I LOVE nut butters. I have never made my own because I didn’t realize out easy it was. I’m telling ya, everyone can make nut butter as long as you have a decent food processor and there's not turning back. I’ve had some left over vanilla beans from the vanilla I made a while back and wanted to use them, so I decided to use them in the almond butter. I made this about a week ago and it’s already half gone! It’s like a yummy creamy dessert. Once you try fresh pure nut butters you will never go back to store bought. Only 3 ingredients and no added oils! So here it goes: Start out by toasting your almonds until they start to smell yummy. Pour your almonds in the food processer and start to process. You will need to process for 8 to 10 minutes and stop several times to scrape down the sides, so be patient. Stage 1 Stage 2- Powder Stage 3-The natural oil starts to come out and its starts to ball up. Stage 4-Almost there, just a f

Year 2 of Detox

Well it’s that time of year again. Last year I decided to do a month long detox starting January 1st. I felt great afterwards and after how I’ve been eating recently I’ve decided to make it a tradition to do it every year. I feel it just puts me on the right track to start out the year. I know when some of you hear the word “detox” you think water and pepper for 5 days straight (or something crazy like that). This is nothing like that. I actually follow a plan that I think is very healthy. Every year Whole Living puts out a new plan. It has changed a little since last year. I think it’s a little easier to follow this year. They provide all the recipes and instructions you need to follow the plan. Check out week 1 of the plan here . Week 1 I will be eating fruits, vegetables, and plant-based fats, including nuts, seeds, and oils. Week 2 I will be adding back in seafood, beans and lentils, and organic soy. And week 3 I will be adding back in gluten-free grains and eggs. I will be chang