Tonight I had a taste for Mexican. I could eat Mexican every night! I made creamy enchiladas and homemade tortilla chips. I found the recipe off www.eatbetteramerica.com. I love this site because its full of great healthy recipes. They take recipes and make changes to make them healthier.
I liked the enchiladas but I think it needed little something else. Like more green chilies or chili powder. Topped with avocado and tomatoes made it pretty yummy!
Chop onion and garlic.
Sauté onion and garlic
Mix together flour, cumin, chicken broth, and pepper
Pour mixture into onions and boil
Add Greek yogurt
Mix together chicken, corn, cheese, 1/2 cup of sauce, and chili's
Roll enchiladas with mixture.
Pour the rest of mixture on top with 1/2 cup of cheese.
Bake for 30 min
Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
1 Cup onion
2 teaspoons minced garlic
2 Cups chicken broth
3 Tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/2 Cup plain Greek yogurt
2 cups shredded cooked chicken
1 cup frozen corn
1 cup shredded Mexican cheese
2 cans 4oz green chili's
8 corn tortillas
1 med tomato
1. Heat oven to 35o. Spray 13x9 baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Cook chicken till done. Set aside and shred with a fork.
3. Add onion and garlic and sauté till onion is tender. Meanwhile in a medium bowl, stir broth, cumin, flour, and pepper with a wisk until well blended. Slowly add mixture to onions and stir. Cook for 5 to 6 min until boiling and thickens slightly. Remove from heat. Stir in Greek yogurt until blended
4. In a medium bowl, mix chicken, corn, 1/2 cup of cheese, the chili's, and a 1/2 cup of sauce. Spoon mixture into tortillas and roll up. Place in baking dish.
5. Bake 30 to 40 min or until sauce is bubby.
Homemade tortilla chips
Spray tortillas with cooking spray on both sides. Cut into chip sizes.
Bake in 350 degree oven.
I’m not real sure sure how long I cooked these for. The first batch was a little chewing but second batch I cooked for a little longer were perfect!