Skip to main content

Chicken And Gnocchi Soup

The other night I made soup that I’ve never made before. I’ve tried gnocchi before with some alfredo sauce and wasn’t really a fan. Gnocchi has a taste that is hard to describe.  It like a chewing potato dumpling.  I love the creamy gnocchi soup at olive garden and thought I would try to make my own. I think I like the gnocchi in soup because its covered with other yummy flavors. Honestly I don’t know why I enjoy it in soup, I just do. LOL I found a version off of the Food Network website that turned out quite well.

IMAG0311

Start off by chopping your veggies, garlic and celery.

IMAG0301

Cook and shred your chicken. I used a rotisserie chicken from Kroger. Why not let Kroger do all the work. Winking smile

IMAG0300

Pour your broth, garlic and unsalted butter into sauce pan. Boil until your garlic is tender. Once your garlic is tender add your celery and boil until tender.

IMAG0302

Cook your gnocchi as directed on package.

IMAG0304

IMAG0305

Pour your gnocchi, chicken and peas into broth mixture.

IMAG0306

Chicken and Gnocchi Soup

7 Cups of Chicken Broth

4 Cloves of Garlic, minced

3 tablespoons of unsalted butter

1 teaspoon of sugar

1 cup of celery

2 cups of prepared potato gnocchi

1 cup of frozen peas

2 heaping cups of shredded chicken ( I used a rotisserie chicken and let Kroger do all the work)

pepper to taste

parmesan

Pour chicken broth, garlic, butter and sugar into a large saucepan over medium heat, bring to a simmer and cook until the garlic is tender. Add the celery and continue to simmer until almost tender. Bring to a full boil, stir in gnocchi and, cooking until the gnocchi are al dente, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in frozen peas and chicken and turn off the heat. Season with salt and top with parm.

 

IMAG0310

Served with a slice of everything bread.

IMAG0309IMAG0307

Comments

  1. This looks so good!!! I am going to make it this week!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 1–Have a Headache Already

Happy New Year to everyone! Day 1 of the detox started today. It’s been pretty tough,I’m not gonna lie. I went to Whole Foods and Walmart yesterday to get all the fruits and vegetables I needed for the week. I’ve had a headache all day due to the lack of caffeine. I really don’t drink but maybe a cup and a half of coffee and a glass of tea a day. But I sure did miss it today. This morning I got up to help in the nursery at church. I made the Antioxidant smoothie. You can find the recipe here . It was really good, a little tart but not bad. When I got to the church I got a cup of unsweetened green tea (no caffeine) so I could convince myself it was a cup of coffee. The tea and smoothie held me over till about 11:30. I made a nice little salad for lunch with water with of couple apples thrown in. My salad had spinach, avocado, cucumbers, carrots, cherry tomatoes, and pumpkin seeds dressed with balsamic vinaigrette I did get pretty hungry this afternoon so I made the roasted chi...

Vanilla Bean Almond Butter

I don’t know about you but I LOVE nut butters. I have never made my own because I didn’t realize out easy it was. I’m telling ya, everyone can make nut butter as long as you have a decent food processor and there's not turning back. I’ve had some left over vanilla beans from the vanilla I made a while back and wanted to use them, so I decided to use them in the almond butter. I made this about a week ago and it’s already half gone! It’s like a yummy creamy dessert. Once you try fresh pure nut butters you will never go back to store bought. Only 3 ingredients and no added oils! So here it goes: Start out by toasting your almonds until they start to smell yummy. Pour your almonds in the food processer and start to process. You will need to process for 8 to 10 minutes and stop several times to scrape down the sides, so be patient. Stage 1 Stage 2- Powder Stage 3-The natural oil starts to come out and its starts to ball up. Stage 4-Almost there, just a f...

Mexican 2 Days in a Row!

Happy MLK Day! This morning started out like a normal morning with a cup of coffee and a bowl of Kashi cereal. I really like the cinnamon flavor but it gets a little soggy if you don’t eat it quick. I’m not a very quick eater either.   I enjoyed some mixed fruit with cherries, cantaloupe, and grapes with my breakfast as well. I was planning on eating lunch at work today but I remembered about midmorning that I left it at home. ;( So today at noon I headed back home for a quick lunch. I have a ton of leftovers from the pulled pork and Mexican night this weekend. I ate 2 pulled pork tacos on corn tortillas topped off with black beans and sour cream. Still good two days later! Notice the ice tea. I"m slowly adding my tea back in. Its slightly sweetened with evaporated cane juice crystals. Served on fine china (paper plates) I had more cherries for a mid afternoon snack. Dinner consisted of quesadillas with the leftover Mexican chicken. I chopped up a tenderloin and grilled it on...