Kyle and I are still in the process of planning our wedding. We are a short 4 months away and we have just about everything accomplished. I’m a planner and like to plan ahead. My mom keeps telling me it’s a good thing but I just hope I don’t miss an important step and end up stressing in the end anyways. Oh well, in the end we will be married to the love of my life!
Today I have an exciting side dish to share with you.
Start out by baking your squash for an hour.
After it’s baked for an hour it’s now ready to be scraped into noodles.
While your squash is baking, make your garlic sauce.
Put your noodles in a baking dish (I used the iron skillet) and pour garlic sauce over the noodles and toss.
Mix in your lemon juice and cheese then bake for another 10 minutes.
Garlic and Goat Cheese Spaghetti Squash
- 8-10 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- juice of one lemon
- goat cheese 3.5 oz container
- 1 large spaghetti squash
2. Cut your squash in half and scrape the seeds out. Then pour about 1 to 2 inches of water in a baking sheet. Place squash meat side down on the baking sheet. Bake for 1 hour or until you can poke the skin of the squash easily with a fork.
3. While squash is baking, heat a pan over medium high heat and add butter.
4. Once butter has melted, turn down the heat to low and add the garlic. Sautee for approximately 10 minutes.
5. Add the olive oil, and salt and pepper and heat for another 3 minutes.
6. Take pan off heat and set aside.
7. Once squash is done pull out of oven and scrape the squash with a fork starting from one side of the squash to the other to make noodles. 8. Place squash in a baking dish and pour olive oil mixture over the top and toss.
9. Pour the lemon juice over the two halves, and crumble the goat cheese over top. Stir the spaghetti strands just to combine.
10. Bake squash for 10 more minutes or until cheese is melted.