Skip to main content

Experimenting With Crepes

Kyle and I have been wanting to experiment with crepes for some time now and we finally got the chance the other night. When we were in TX we went to a little cafe that served crepes stuffed with spinach and cheese. We wanted to go with that same feel.
I was in charge of the filling so I started sautéing chicken, spinach, and mushrooms with some minced garlic. 
IMAG0912
IMAG0915
Meanwhile, Kyle mixed up some crepe mix. We used a Williams Sonoma mix since we wanted to get the cooking part down first before we try making our own mix.
IMAG0913
Kyle started out by putting a little butter in the skillet and let it melt before pouring in the mix.
IMAG0914
It cooks really really fast so it required constant attention.
IMAG0920
Kyle loves that I was taking his picture. hehe
IMAG0917
IMAG0916
Perfect flip!
Once they were all cooked I started stuffing them.
IMAG0921
They turned out really good for our first time.
IMAG0922
I think what I will do differently next time is to warm them in the microwave or oven to melt the cheese after they are stuffed. While  we were cooking each crape we would place them in the oven on a low temp. But they cooled really fast once I started stuffing them.
For dessert we filled them with peanut butter and melted chocolate!! Oh man, I'm hooked now!!
IMAG0923
Hope you all enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 1–Have a Headache Already

Happy New Year to everyone! Day 1 of the detox started today. It’s been pretty tough,I’m not gonna lie. I went to Whole Foods and Walmart yesterday to get all the fruits and vegetables I needed for the week. I’ve had a headache all day due to the lack of caffeine. I really don’t drink but maybe a cup and a half of coffee and a glass of tea a day. But I sure did miss it today. This morning I got up to help in the nursery at church. I made the Antioxidant smoothie. You can find the recipe here . It was really good, a little tart but not bad. When I got to the church I got a cup of unsweetened green tea (no caffeine) so I could convince myself it was a cup of coffee. The tea and smoothie held me over till about 11:30. I made a nice little salad for lunch with water with of couple apples thrown in. My salad had spinach, avocado, cucumbers, carrots, cherry tomatoes, and pumpkin seeds dressed with balsamic vinaigrette I did get pretty hungry this afternoon so I made the roasted chi...

Vanilla Bean Almond Butter

I don’t know about you but I LOVE nut butters. I have never made my own because I didn’t realize out easy it was. I’m telling ya, everyone can make nut butter as long as you have a decent food processor and there's not turning back. I’ve had some left over vanilla beans from the vanilla I made a while back and wanted to use them, so I decided to use them in the almond butter. I made this about a week ago and it’s already half gone! It’s like a yummy creamy dessert. Once you try fresh pure nut butters you will never go back to store bought. Only 3 ingredients and no added oils! So here it goes: Start out by toasting your almonds until they start to smell yummy. Pour your almonds in the food processer and start to process. You will need to process for 8 to 10 minutes and stop several times to scrape down the sides, so be patient. Stage 1 Stage 2- Powder Stage 3-The natural oil starts to come out and its starts to ball up. Stage 4-Almost there, just a f...

Mexican 2 Days in a Row!

Happy MLK Day! This morning started out like a normal morning with a cup of coffee and a bowl of Kashi cereal. I really like the cinnamon flavor but it gets a little soggy if you don’t eat it quick. I’m not a very quick eater either.   I enjoyed some mixed fruit with cherries, cantaloupe, and grapes with my breakfast as well. I was planning on eating lunch at work today but I remembered about midmorning that I left it at home. ;( So today at noon I headed back home for a quick lunch. I have a ton of leftovers from the pulled pork and Mexican night this weekend. I ate 2 pulled pork tacos on corn tortillas topped off with black beans and sour cream. Still good two days later! Notice the ice tea. I"m slowly adding my tea back in. Its slightly sweetened with evaporated cane juice crystals. Served on fine china (paper plates) I had more cherries for a mid afternoon snack. Dinner consisted of quesadillas with the leftover Mexican chicken. I chopped up a tenderloin and grilled it on...