Skip to main content

It's cold outside and I want some warm chili!

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas! I sure did! It was nice being with the family. Here are a few pictures from our Christmas:









One week from today I will be starting the Detox. If any of you are following along with the 28 day Detox on wholeliving.com you may have noticed that it’s changed a little. This year they are focusing on 5 to 6 small meals and a few extra things. The foods to avoid are still about the same (sugar, processed foods, alcohol, caffeine, wheat/gluten, eggs, dairy, peanut products, fruit juices, soy, corn) I’ve decided that I’m going to do a little combination of last years and this years. Monday through Thursday I’m still going to do the smoothies for breakfast and dinner. After all I got a new blender for Christmas! Check it out!


I also got a Whole Foods gift card! Thanks, Kyle!


I started making out my grocery list today!

Tonight I made Veggie chili. I was craving something warm and cozy. I found this recipe online and tweaked it a little. It’s supper easy. Just throw it all in a pot a boil for 20 min.



Veggie Chili
1 Can of Kidney Beans
1 Can Black Beans
1 Can Pinto Beans
1 Cup Corn
1 Cup Frozen Okra
1 28oz Can crushed tomatoes
1 Cup of Veggie Broth
3 Garlic Cloves
1 Tbsp Chili Powder
1 tsp Cocoa Powder
3 glugs of Worcestershire sauce

Open cans of beans and drain. Pour all in ingredients in to pot and boil for 20 min.
It turned out pretty yummy! I will be putting this in my recipe book to make again. I was a little nervous about the Worcestershire sauce but it added lots of flavor. The dollop of sour cream and sprinkle of cheese made it even yummier! Just what I needed.




Hope you all have a happy New Year if you don’t hear from me before!

For now,
Ramona

Comments

  1. That soup looks awesome! I am about to do a little shopping to get ready for next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I'm ready! I just got back from the grocery store and have everything for the next week. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 1–Have a Headache Already

Happy New Year to everyone! Day 1 of the detox started today. It’s been pretty tough,I’m not gonna lie. I went to Whole Foods and Walmart yesterday to get all the fruits and vegetables I needed for the week. I’ve had a headache all day due to the lack of caffeine. I really don’t drink but maybe a cup and a half of coffee and a glass of tea a day. But I sure did miss it today. This morning I got up to help in the nursery at church. I made the Antioxidant smoothie. You can find the recipe here . It was really good, a little tart but not bad. When I got to the church I got a cup of unsweetened green tea (no caffeine) so I could convince myself it was a cup of coffee. The tea and smoothie held me over till about 11:30. I made a nice little salad for lunch with water with of couple apples thrown in. My salad had spinach, avocado, cucumbers, carrots, cherry tomatoes, and pumpkin seeds dressed with balsamic vinaigrette I did get pretty hungry this afternoon so I made the roasted chi...

Vanilla Bean Almond Butter

I don’t know about you but I LOVE nut butters. I have never made my own because I didn’t realize out easy it was. I’m telling ya, everyone can make nut butter as long as you have a decent food processor and there's not turning back. I’ve had some left over vanilla beans from the vanilla I made a while back and wanted to use them, so I decided to use them in the almond butter. I made this about a week ago and it’s already half gone! It’s like a yummy creamy dessert. Once you try fresh pure nut butters you will never go back to store bought. Only 3 ingredients and no added oils! So here it goes: Start out by toasting your almonds until they start to smell yummy. Pour your almonds in the food processer and start to process. You will need to process for 8 to 10 minutes and stop several times to scrape down the sides, so be patient. Stage 1 Stage 2- Powder Stage 3-The natural oil starts to come out and its starts to ball up. Stage 4-Almost there, just a f...

Mexican 2 Days in a Row!

Happy MLK Day! This morning started out like a normal morning with a cup of coffee and a bowl of Kashi cereal. I really like the cinnamon flavor but it gets a little soggy if you don’t eat it quick. I’m not a very quick eater either.   I enjoyed some mixed fruit with cherries, cantaloupe, and grapes with my breakfast as well. I was planning on eating lunch at work today but I remembered about midmorning that I left it at home. ;( So today at noon I headed back home for a quick lunch. I have a ton of leftovers from the pulled pork and Mexican night this weekend. I ate 2 pulled pork tacos on corn tortillas topped off with black beans and sour cream. Still good two days later! Notice the ice tea. I"m slowly adding my tea back in. Its slightly sweetened with evaporated cane juice crystals. Served on fine china (paper plates) I had more cherries for a mid afternoon snack. Dinner consisted of quesadillas with the leftover Mexican chicken. I chopped up a tenderloin and grilled it on...