Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Lemon Herb Chicken

I hope everything is well with you. I wanted to share a really yummy recipe with you. I love chicken and I’m always trying to find different ways to cook it. This was super easy and was made with a few things I already had on hand.

I started out with 2 chicken breast and cut them down the middle. You could actually use 4 chicken breast for this recipe but I was only cooking for Kyle and I so I just used 2.

Place in a greased baking dish and season with salt and pepper.

IMAG0844

Chop up 4 garlic cloves and sauté in 1/4 cup of olive oil. You will only need to sauté for about a minute.

IMAG0845

Once your garlic has sautéed for 1 minute turn the heat off and add your herbs, lemon juice, and white wine and stir.

IMAG0846

Pour the mixture over your chicken. Also cut up 1 lemon and place around chicken.

IMAG0847

Bake at 425 for 40 minutes.

IMAG0848

I served it with a side of baked sweet potatoes!

IMAG0849

IMAG0850

Check out the recipe below!

 

Lemon Herb Chicken

4 chicken breast

Salt and pepper

1 Lemon sliced in 6 wedges

1/4 Cup of olive oil

4 cloves- minced

1/3 Cup of white wine

Lemon zest

2 Tbs of fresh lemon juice

1 1/2 tsp dried Oregano

1 tsp Ground Thyme

Preheat oven to 425. Grease a large baking dish. Place chicken breast in dish and season with salt an pepper. Sauté garlic in 1/4 cup of olive oil for 1 minute. Turn heat off and add the herbs, lemon juice and wine. Pour over chicken breast to make sure everything is coated. Place lemon wedges around chicken. Bake for 40 min.

1 comment: