How does warm chocolate pudding topped with whip cream sound right now? I know, right! It sounds perfect. I love the taste of the warm, creamy, chocolaty pudding.
Now I know that a box of pudding is quick and easy to make but by spending just a little extra time mixing all of these ingredients together you can control the sugar and calorie content.
Pour 1 1/2 cups of milk, 1/3 sugar, and salt in to medium saucepan. Bring to a boil.
Boil until thick then take off the heat. Add your vanilla. Let it cool for a couple minutes and enjoy with a spoon full of whip cream.
Warm Chocolate Pudding
- 1 large egg
- 2 1/4 cups nonfat milk
- 2/3 cup sugar, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Lightly beat egg with a fork in a medium bowl.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups milk, 1/3 cup sugar and salt in a medium saucepan; bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, whisk the remaining 1/3 cup sugar, cocoa and cornstarch in a medium bowl. Whisk in the remaining 3/4 cup milk until blended. Whisk the simmering milk mixture into the cocoa mixture. Pour the mixture back into the pan and bring to a simmer over medium heat, whisking constantly, until thickened. Remove from heat.
- Whisk about 1 cup of the cocoa mixture into the beaten egg. Return the egg mixture to the pan and cook over medium-low heat, whisking constantly, until steaming and thickened. (Do not boil.) Whisk in vanilla. Serve warm.
I hope you all are having a wonderful Saturday afternoon. It’s beautiful outside! Kyle and I spent the morning passing out flyers in the neighborhood around the AR Dream Center to advertise our kickball tournament next weekend. We invited all the kids over to join in the fun next weekend. I can’t wait to see all the kids kicking around the big red ball and having a blast.
See you soon!