Skip to main content

Sweet Treat

So, I’ve been doing really good lately with staying away from sugar but I gave in today for a little sweet treat. Keep reading to see what I chose for my little treat for the night.

Today started out with another bowl of Kashi cereal with skim milk, fruit, and a cup of coffee. I ended up eating more fruit throughout the morning that it upset my yummy. If I eat too much fruit I start getting that uggg feeling.
Notice how dark it is outside when I eat breakfast. I have to be a work so early. ugggg!
It kept me full till lunch.
For lunch I brought a ham and swiss sandwich with the rest of the alfalfa sprouts and lettuce on a ciabatta bun. I also brought a little thing of salsa served with Food Should Taste Good sweet potato chips.
If you’ve never tried any Food Should Taste Good chips, you should! http://www.foodshouldtastegood.com/#/sweet_potato/



I ate all the chips and salsa and only half of my sandwich. It was just too much bread for me.
I got pretty hungry about 4:30 today and popped a handful of Kashi cinnamon cereal to tide me over till dinner.
Dinner was not Mexican, but I did use the leftover chicken to make this:

I threw in some corn, carrots, and okra in the skillet and sautéed till they were nice and golden. I added the already cooked chicken to the mix, and then added a little Asian sesame dressing and soy sauce to give it a little flavor.  


I served it all over brown rice. It turned out really good!

There is a new frozen yogurt place that has made an appearance here in Maumelle. My roommate Kirby and I love going to eat frozen yogurt! We decided to take a trip over there for a treat tonight.
It’s called the Dreamy Spoon, they serve soft serve frozen desserts. You walk to a very modern IKEA with a twist of urban, look. It’s very welcoming! We were greeted by the owners Kandid and Cody Scott. It turns out that Kirby went to college with them. They told us about the flavors and gave some suggestions on what goes well together. All the flavors are made with naturally sweetened flavors and most are low fat. They have a wide variety of toppings from fresh fruit to candy toppings. They even serve coffee and Tazo tea. (my favorite tea!!!) I will have to go back during the day when I can have a hot cup of tea.




I went with a mix of pomegranate energy tart with strawberry sensation surprise. I topped mine with fresh raspberries, blueberries, strawberries and a small spoon full of semi sweet chocolate. Oh my goodness it was so good! I loved the tartness of the strawberry and pomegranate. I did just eat a small portion because I didn’t want it to keep me up all night.
If you’re ever in the Maumelle area take a quick stop to The Dreamy Spoon and visit the Scotts! They would love to see you.
My treat

Kirby’s treat
Kirby got a mix of Cookies and cream and dark Chocolate!

Comments

  1. Your dinner did turn out well! I love how leftovers from a couple nights in a row turn into something delicious!

    I am a little jealous of your sweet treat by the way!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 1–Have a Headache Already

Happy New Year to everyone! Day 1 of the detox started today. It’s been pretty tough,I’m not gonna lie. I went to Whole Foods and Walmart yesterday to get all the fruits and vegetables I needed for the week. I’ve had a headache all day due to the lack of caffeine. I really don’t drink but maybe a cup and a half of coffee and a glass of tea a day. But I sure did miss it today. This morning I got up to help in the nursery at church. I made the Antioxidant smoothie. You can find the recipe here . It was really good, a little tart but not bad. When I got to the church I got a cup of unsweetened green tea (no caffeine) so I could convince myself it was a cup of coffee. The tea and smoothie held me over till about 11:30. I made a nice little salad for lunch with water with of couple apples thrown in. My salad had spinach, avocado, cucumbers, carrots, cherry tomatoes, and pumpkin seeds dressed with balsamic vinaigrette I did get pretty hungry this afternoon so I made the roasted chi

Vanilla Bean Almond Butter

I don’t know about you but I LOVE nut butters. I have never made my own because I didn’t realize out easy it was. I’m telling ya, everyone can make nut butter as long as you have a decent food processor and there's not turning back. I’ve had some left over vanilla beans from the vanilla I made a while back and wanted to use them, so I decided to use them in the almond butter. I made this about a week ago and it’s already half gone! It’s like a yummy creamy dessert. Once you try fresh pure nut butters you will never go back to store bought. Only 3 ingredients and no added oils! So here it goes: Start out by toasting your almonds until they start to smell yummy. Pour your almonds in the food processer and start to process. You will need to process for 8 to 10 minutes and stop several times to scrape down the sides, so be patient. Stage 1 Stage 2- Powder Stage 3-The natural oil starts to come out and its starts to ball up. Stage 4-Almost there, just a f

Year 2 of Detox

Well it’s that time of year again. Last year I decided to do a month long detox starting January 1st. I felt great afterwards and after how I’ve been eating recently I’ve decided to make it a tradition to do it every year. I feel it just puts me on the right track to start out the year. I know when some of you hear the word “detox” you think water and pepper for 5 days straight (or something crazy like that). This is nothing like that. I actually follow a plan that I think is very healthy. Every year Whole Living puts out a new plan. It has changed a little since last year. I think it’s a little easier to follow this year. They provide all the recipes and instructions you need to follow the plan. Check out week 1 of the plan here . Week 1 I will be eating fruits, vegetables, and plant-based fats, including nuts, seeds, and oils. Week 2 I will be adding back in seafood, beans and lentils, and organic soy. And week 3 I will be adding back in gluten-free grains and eggs. I will be chang