Skip to main content

Green In Green Out

Hello again! Today is my Friday and I'm looking forward to a day off tomorrow. Also I looking looking forward to tomorrow for another reason, I CAN EAT SOLID FOOD. Today is the last day of smoothies for breakfast and dinner. My stomach sure is ready for solid foods. For the remainder of the month I will slowly add in dairy, processed foods, added sugar, gluten, and caffeine.

Today started out with a pretty good smoothie. I didn't know what I was going to make till this morning. I knew I had a few different fruits but just didn't know what I wanted. I decided to risk it and throw a few things together. 


I pealed an orange, threw in a frozen banana, added some almond milk, and a splash of vanilla. It ended up being more like a fruit juice with pulp. I love pulp! This was the perfect combination for me. I did add a few ice cubes towards the end to make it a little more smoothie-like.


Today was another busy day at work so I only had time for a quick snack. I grabbed some roasted almonds and walnuts to tide me over until lunch.


Lunch was at noon and consisted of leftovers. I used to be really bad about not eating leftovers but I'm trying really hard to not waste any food.

I had leftover cold Quinoa salad with a drizzle of lime with a mixed salad. It did a pretty good job of holding me over the rest of the afternoon until.....

I got hungry on the way home. Traffic was pretty bad and took me 40min to get home when it usually takes my about 15min. I grabbed an apple to tide me over. 

After work I headed to a dinner date with two lovely girls. We decided to go to tropical smoothie since two of us are on this 4 day detox.

I had the green tea citrus smoothie. It was pretty satisfying. I"m full right now but I'm looking forward to tomorrow morning when I can actually chew by breakfast. 


Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 1–Have a Headache Already

Happy New Year to everyone! Day 1 of the detox started today. It’s been pretty tough,I’m not gonna lie. I went to Whole Foods and Walmart yesterday to get all the fruits and vegetables I needed for the week. I’ve had a headache all day due to the lack of caffeine. I really don’t drink but maybe a cup and a half of coffee and a glass of tea a day. But I sure did miss it today. This morning I got up to help in the nursery at church. I made the Antioxidant smoothie. You can find the recipe here . It was really good, a little tart but not bad. When I got to the church I got a cup of unsweetened green tea (no caffeine) so I could convince myself it was a cup of coffee. The tea and smoothie held me over till about 11:30. I made a nice little salad for lunch with water with of couple apples thrown in. My salad had spinach, avocado, cucumbers, carrots, cherry tomatoes, and pumpkin seeds dressed with balsamic vinaigrette I did get pretty hungry this afternoon so I made the roasted chi

Vanilla Bean Almond Butter

I don’t know about you but I LOVE nut butters. I have never made my own because I didn’t realize out easy it was. I’m telling ya, everyone can make nut butter as long as you have a decent food processor and there's not turning back. I’ve had some left over vanilla beans from the vanilla I made a while back and wanted to use them, so I decided to use them in the almond butter. I made this about a week ago and it’s already half gone! It’s like a yummy creamy dessert. Once you try fresh pure nut butters you will never go back to store bought. Only 3 ingredients and no added oils! So here it goes: Start out by toasting your almonds until they start to smell yummy. Pour your almonds in the food processer and start to process. You will need to process for 8 to 10 minutes and stop several times to scrape down the sides, so be patient. Stage 1 Stage 2- Powder Stage 3-The natural oil starts to come out and its starts to ball up. Stage 4-Almost there, just a f

Year 2 of Detox

Well it’s that time of year again. Last year I decided to do a month long detox starting January 1st. I felt great afterwards and after how I’ve been eating recently I’ve decided to make it a tradition to do it every year. I feel it just puts me on the right track to start out the year. I know when some of you hear the word “detox” you think water and pepper for 5 days straight (or something crazy like that). This is nothing like that. I actually follow a plan that I think is very healthy. Every year Whole Living puts out a new plan. It has changed a little since last year. I think it’s a little easier to follow this year. They provide all the recipes and instructions you need to follow the plan. Check out week 1 of the plan here . Week 1 I will be eating fruits, vegetables, and plant-based fats, including nuts, seeds, and oils. Week 2 I will be adding back in seafood, beans and lentils, and organic soy. And week 3 I will be adding back in gluten-free grains and eggs. I will be chang